Shannon Elizabeth Says She Was ‘Living Off’ Her Savings Before Launching Her OnlyFans the Same Day She Filed for Divorce Virginia ChamleeFri, August 14, 2026 at 9:12 PM UTC 49 Shannon ElizabethCredit: Christopher Polk/Getty Shannon Elizabeth says OnlyFans has given her financial freedom after years of relying on her savings The actress reportedly earned over seven figures in her first week on the platform without posting full nudity Elizabeth launched her OnlyFans amid her divorce and calls it a way to take control of her career narrative Shannon Elizabeth says her OnlyFans has completely chan...
Shannon Elizabeth Says She Was ‘Living Off’ Her Savings Before Launching Her OnlyFans the Same Day She Filed for Divorce

Virginia ChamleeFri, August 14, 2026 at 9:12 PM UTC
49

Shannon ElizabethCredit: Christopher Polk/Getty -
Shannon Elizabeth says OnlyFans has given her financial freedom after years of relying on her savings
The actress reportedly earned over seven figures in her first week on the platform without posting full nudity
Elizabeth launched her OnlyFans amid her divorce and calls it a way to take control of her career narrative
Shannon Elizabeth says her OnlyFans has completely changed her financial outlook.
Speaking to Variety, the American Piestar said her recent foray into posting content on the platform meant she had more income and no longer had to rely on her savings.
“For the last ten years I’ve been living off of my savings for the most part because I haven’t been as focused on work,” Elizabeth, 52, said. “To be able to get myself back to the point where I’m not struggling and am able to choose projects because I like them and not because I need the money — it’s definitely giving me more freedom to do that.”
PEOPLE earlier reported that the actress brought in “more than seven figures” on the platform in her first week, with an insider noting that the content she’s posted does not feature full nudity.
— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Jason Biggs, Shannon Elizabeth in American Pie - 1999Credit: Michael Ansell/Universal/Kobal/Shutterstock
Elizabeth also told the outlet the reasoning behind her launch on OnlyFans, saying, “I was going through a divorce here in South Africa and was chatting to my manager Joe about what’s next and how to restart things in my life. I had really neglected a lot of things, and he brought it up as an option. I wasn’t sure and didn’t know much about it, and we looked into it, and I thought, ‘Yeah, why not?’ ”
Advertisement
PEOPLE previously learned that on April 16, the day her OnlyFans account officially launched, Elizabeth quietly filed for divorce from Simon Borchert, her husband since 2021.
“Now that she is single, she wants to have a bit more freedom and be wild,” a source told PEOPLE at the time, calling the split “rather fresh.”
Elizabeth also spoke to PEOPLE earlier about her OnlyFans endeavor, saying, “I’ve spent my entire career working in Hollywood, where other people controlled the narrative and the outcome of my career,” and calling the platform “the future.”
“This new chapter is about changing that, showing off a more sexy side no one has seen, and being closer to my fans,” she added.
The PEOPLE Puzzler crossword is here! How quickly can you solve it? Play now!
The actress is best known for her role in 1999’s American Pie, and also starred in popular early-2000s titles including Scary Movie (2000), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001), Thirteen Ghosts (2001) and Love Actually (2003).
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Entertainment
Published: August 15, 2026 at 04:36PM on Source: RED MAG
#ShowBiz#Sports#Celebrities#Lifestyle